News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Gish Fansite

Started by kirkysomthing, October 22, 2004, 01:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirkysomthing

I just wanted to know if anybody has made a gish fansite, or knows of one that exists... because I recently made one and want to find out if mine was the first, i'm just hoping I can get some funding to actually get my own site, not a free hosting one, the link is http://www.freewebs.com/gish/" target="_blank">Here
OMG look at this rockin' BBS signature... GO GISH

Guilderoy

Hi! I think it's quite nice and it's a start (and I don't care about comic ...). One thing I'd criticise is, that the logo and the style don't have anything to do with gish.

Jonathan_NL

Of course it's a start, but Comic Sans should be banned from the web!

http://home.filternet.nl/~eo000199/jonathan/bridgebuilders/comicsans.png" border="0">

This is the very First Website of Gish, the game. A very amazing game by Edmund McMilland with an awesome physics engine. Has a walkthrough.
By Edmund McMillen (idea and art) and Chronic Logic (the game).
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

kirkysomthing

Ohh, and by the way, post your thoughts on the site, and sign the guestbook

Woo, I'm back! The forum somehow deleted my user http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt='???'>

Anyway, on-topic: it's a pretty good site I guess...
You could also add a page with levels for download, and.. well, I don't really know what else to add/change to the site.
Oh, maybe you could add names to the characters on the Gallery page.

Oh, and speaking of that Gallery page; what's up with that stuff under 'Type your title here.'!?

Jonathan_NL

I think you're first... AFAIK others have only made pages with replays etc. This is what I found after a quick look:

- Comic Sans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only use in comics you send to µsoft.
- So 1-1 is a "toturial"?
- "Type your title here."
- I wouldn't call tarball mating a 'bug' (just something that doesn't work as you would expect). It can happen anywhere when there are two tarballs btw.
- What's useful about "controlling gish"?
- The navigation has waaaaaay too much vertical spacing at the top and bottom, and is too wide.
- To quote part of the source...
Code Sample
     <BR>

</td>

<Td width="10">    </td>

<td width="100%">

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" height="100%">

<tr valign="top">

<td width="100%"> <!--- ParagraphStart 25532980 --->

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" bgcolor="#FE7B71">

<tr>

<td >

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" bgcolor="#04053D">

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#DD0000">
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

Jonathan_NL

The forum is acting strange now there are nearly 4000 members. I'm also nearly deleted. I can't log in ("not in database", but I can stay logged in - that's what I did all the time on this computer), nobody can send me pm ("not in database"), etc. At least I can still post and my profile is visible.

I don't care about the post counter becoming zero if I would recreate my account. I do care about all those 219 posts becoming guest posts.

kirkysomthing

whatever the **** the code source means...

SUparJErk

...Three cheers for IkonBoard?

Jonathan_NL

That's what I try to say... way too many empty lines and tables in tables in tables in tables where a single div would suffice.

- Baaaaad CSS.

I guess it's one of those famous 'website-makers' or so?

kirkysomthing

and I dont think anybody cares if I use comic sans or not... its just a freaking fan site, not anything special... it's just a font... who cares... you do obviously:angry:

Jonathan_NL

Why do you think I (and many many many others) care? IT'S THE WORST FONT IN THE UNIVERSE!!!

kirkysomthing

Well thats just a matter of opinion, and you have your right to it.