News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Wizard

Started by garcia1000, November 02, 2008, 05:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongolian

1. If your demo and your opponent is using a wizard deck, there is almost no way you can win if both opponents play perfect.

2. If you want Zatikon to survive, the game can't revolve around you have X unit, means I must have Y unit or I lose.  That's a bad dynamic.  Wizard is just too powerful with flying units not costing actions.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I think the wizard has the same problem as the sergeant, they benefit because the 50 point units are powerful.

mongolian

ty for changing wizard zatikon gods http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>

NozeM

I dont see the problem and overpowering of this 350 unit. But if anyone else do, give it a recharge option.
So he must recharge it to to give 2nd unit this ability.
But in this case the 350 is far to expansive for the unit.

garcia1000

Wait what changed about wizard? I don't see any change

Anyway if jumps cost 1 action, would you rather have this wizard with a bunch of fanatics/pikemen/footmen/whatever, or like a .... diabolist.

mongolian

Wizard's Jump(s) cost 1 action http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>  All we need is to figure out these sergeants/scout now and a-ok.

mongolian

Coming back to this thread, I feel very strong in saying that the wizard is still overpowered EVEN with the JUMP costing 1 action.

Here are my suggested changes:

- Have wizard cost $400 and keep it how it is.
- Have wizard let all units have 1 JUMP space for free in addition to their normal actions.
- Have wizard cost $250 or even $200 and it only keeps the ability of melle units JUMP for 3.  (will not work on any wizards of any kind, no fanatics (maybe footmen))

Chronic Logic - Josiah

The Wizard has not been changed yet, but it will be changed in the upcoming patch.

mongolian

Wizard has returned to being the most powerful unit in the game unfortunatley!  Being able to make a sergeant fly and have that unit move 3 spots, shouldn't work (it was fixed before).  Also, despite how enjoy all other sorcerer's can target themselves, the wizard should not be able to do this.   He's just too powerful as is, let alone being able to target himself. 

Chronic Logic - Josiah

The flying sarg is fixed in the next update.  The Wizards trade places and attack were reduced to 3 range to help make up for being able to target self.  Maybe it needs further reduction.

mongolian

The core problem is if wizard & another piece both have Jump3.  This means Wizard can jump 2, swap places with the other unit that hasn't jumped, and then that unit can jump an additional 3.  That would make that piece an almost instant kill ability within 6 spaces.  Whether it's killing a golem or killing a mage, most all strategies are foiled with wizard's range ability.  I love the wizard too, but it's too powerful. 

Maybe if Jump was just 2 for every unit, then increase the wizard's attack to 4 range with 4 power?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I agree the wizards jump and switch places with another unit that can jump is too much.  One idea we have tossed around is only allowing the wizard to swap with enemy units.

Kran

I do not like this idea, i like the strategy behind the trades. Removing it and also removing the ranged flight will cause the wizard extremely underpowered. Enought to make me never use one in my army again.

mongolian

The swapping ability isn't the bigger problem.  I was trying to suggest even let wizard have a range 4 attack (+1 from current) but allow him to only give flight to melee units.  I really have a distaste for Zatikon being a range game.  The Wizard has so many scenarios I play in random where it's virtually impossable to win due to that added range that ranged units recieve.

Kran

Removing the flight of ranged units would be a very good solution. Maybe the best one. The wizard attack is almost useless for now. +1 range would be apreciated too.