News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Website problem

Started by , October 16, 2001, 03:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The website keeps making me log in, not just once but almost every time I click a thread or a forum title. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how I can fix it?

(I've got cookies enabled, before you ask!)

Zeilon

Btw, another website problem that's not related but bugs me.... how do you insert images (of your bridges that is) in your posts ?? I easily managed to get screenshots using the hotkey and saved them into jpg format, but now i'd like to share my "artworks" with you fellas... ;)
####... I'm dreaming of bridges every night now...

If you click on help in the posting screen it'll tell you :-)

I think it's , but if I post that it's probably going to try and make that into an image!

Yup, thought so!

Rickboy

Zeilon

yup, it works !!! thanks chillum, you're my sensei ;)
(god i love suspension brigdes)

Zeilon

Same as Chillum, and i'm currently running IE6....

mendel

since this thread is up front now anyway, let me add that using the "Check New Posts" menu item lets me access all forums with no extra logins - you just have to juggle the two windows using alt-tab.

efflixi

It's not a bug... its a 'feature' of these forums. EVERYONE has to re-login for every forum http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':('>

Yeah.... I've been doing that too, the only trouble is that it doesn't seem to confine itself to just listing new posts! Swings n roundabouts I suppose :-)

BTW, there's been a few times lately (just now was one of them in fact) when I've had a big black 'Connection Refused' load up, anyone else had the same thing? It usually goes away after a few refreshes, not a big deal just curious.

(Edited by Chillum at 3:14 am on Oct. 25, 2001)

Nope, I'm still using IE 5.something

And if that is a deliberate feature, it's an annoying one...according to the login page you only need to log in once per session?

This is one of the things I was talking about in the announcement when I said things aren't running as smoothly as they should (you all read it, right?... ;)).  The problem, for those of you that are interested, is that a forum's privacy is individually controlled, and there is no grouping of them.  I plan on figuring this out when I have time, but I'm working on other stuff that we feel is more desired by the community.  Please be patient, this is a minor inconvenience that you'll just have to deal with for now.  

pasqualz

I thought it was a cookies problem???
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson