News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

The HAV goes through the bridge!

Started by Volmarias, October 18, 2001, 09:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasqualz

"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

Volmarias

I noticed what I can only call a bug. I've seen for a while that if I take the HAV really high up and drop it into the bridge, it goes straight through into the drink below, without causing any structural damage. Because I'm doing this to CAUSE damage, this presents a problem. I believe that the height required to pass through is related directly to the complexity of the bridge, and consequently your refresh rate. However, I'm not sure if its the height, velocity, etc etc etc (its actually probably velocity). Perhaps CL would like to look into this?

Thanks.

JohnK

I think (notice the word think) that this is due to the collision detecting part of the engine. Unless it renders a frame where the hav is actually in the bridge, it has no idea that it ever is passing through. I remeber this happening with some old dos games back on my 386.

pasqualz

Pardon me for being ignorant, but how do you make the HAV fly??? I'd really like to fly, It's been my dream since I was a little boy. Peter Pan never visited me and I was oh so upset about it. . .  Sorry, I digress. . .
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

Pointywan

I noticed the problem with the HAV going through the bridge as well.

To fly, press shift+w while running the HAV in first person view, you have to have beaten all the normal and complex levels i think...