News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

random decks vs cpu

Started by ZHaDuM, October 12, 2009, 09:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZHaDuM

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing Zatikon for a few weeks now.  The one thing I have wanted the most was a way to try out the random deck games but vs CPU.  I think this could be fun for all and help newbs like me learn more about all the units in a quick and easy way. 

Norsker

While probably a challenge for experienced players, or players who cheese single player with hydra and changlings(like me), I think this would probably be more frustrating than it's worth;  you can expect to lose against the AI all the time with a randomized army.  IT also might detract from the feeling of 'progression' as people earn gold to add new units to their army.

But I suppose that it might be useful for players who aren't brand new(they would undoubtedly be frustrated by the format) but aren't particularly experienced either.  I suppose it might also be less frustrating than being crushed in random, or 'shocked' when an AI unit does something you were unfamiliar with.

Lunaraia

Could implement into a Rand AI that you get "super" units too
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

mongolian

Norsker, your under rating what would most likely happen.  If anything, the human side would be significantly easier if same # of points are used.  It's not going to be like it is currently in random:

Human 1000 pts  AI:25 1000, AI:50 2000 AI:100 4000? AI: 150 8000?!?
-----------
Anyhow, the above formula isn't correct, but the % of points per human to AI would be the best way to assert random points given to each side.  I would propose something like this:

(keep in mind this would only pertain to a new game mode, NOT RANDOM)
AI
Lvl.1 1 = 25% points of human
Lvl.25 = 50% pts human
Lvl.50 = 100% pts human
Lvl.75 = 150% pts human
Lvl.100 = 200% pts human
Lvl.150 = 400% pts human
Lvl.200 = 800% pts human