News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

New game modes ideas

Started by Kran, April 30, 2009, 01:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

I heard once in this forum about an game style like "King of the Hill" I liked it, would be a good update.
But i have a special idea for game modes:

Name: Realms
You start with your normal army. Also get 25 gold per turn to purchase new units during the game.

What about?

mongolian

this is a beautiful idea.  Here are some deviations.

(1) King of the Hill.  If same non-structure unit stays in center tile for 3 (maybe 2) turns.  Win game.

(2) Same as constructed, but players start out with 800 points and each turn you gain $50 to buy any unit possable from the database.

(3) Chess mode, computer randomly picks 1000 points of units, same units for both sides.

(4) Same as constructed, but only Commanders/Horseman/Soldiers possable. (No sergeants, 1000 pt armies)

(5) Same as constructed, but only Commanders/Siege/Soldiers/Structures possable. (No sergeants, 1000 pt armies)

(6) Same as constructed, but only Commanders/Nature/Cultists. (No sergeants, 1000 pt armies)

Wakrob

4 Way Free For All

I was thinking a 4 way free for all would be lots of fun.  One castle on each of the four sides of the board (of course each player sees it from bottom up as usual).  When a castle is taken the player ACROSS from that player wins.
So while the players to your sides arent exactly your friends, because they want to win before you, they arent exactly your enemies either.

The game might bog down if everyone is too defensive, so some effect might be in order to promote action.

Wak

Kran

Good ideas! I loved this one of the 4 castles ^^ Looks very fun.
That would give the diplomacy to the game. :-)
The idea of the king of the hill is very nice. That would make you fight for pressure.
The chess idea is nice cuz is completely fair. But like in chess games beetwen people of same-level would much often finish in a draw.
About the "same as contructed but..." games, i loved the last idea.
The one of 800 (+50) gold game, i hope should have something like that to make games finish: After 40 moves for both sides wins the player that have more expensive army in game + not-used gold. In case of draw the game is draw.

About the 4 way free to all, i have a suggest to it: Make you win a undeployed armed peasant each time you kill an non-peasant enemy. That would encourage the players to attack.

Class: None
Name: Armed Peasant
Cost: N/A
Life: 2
Power: 3
Actions: 2

Attack enemy: 1 range, 1 action
Move to location: 1 range, 1 action
Cost no commands to use.

^^