News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Wishlist

Started by mongolian, November 04, 2008, 02:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongolian

Zatikon is aaaaaaamazing, but there is one thing that is crucial that Zatikon needs above all else.  And i'm sure it's in the works but please..please:

Let it be possable to challenge an opponent to a gametype!  It's utterly annoying having people steal your games when your trying to play someone.

WISH LIST:
1. Ability to challenge someone to a particular game type (this way no one can accidentally take challenges up)
1. 2v2 Cooperative+Competitive Mode.
3. 4 Player..everyone for them self mode?
4. More FREE action moving units..
5. More things to buy my gold with!!!!

Nazoric

1. I agree, althought these games would not be rated.
1-3. More modes are nice but take time to add.  I don't know what plans we have for more modes but if I find out I will let you know.
4.  No ETA on this sorry http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':('>
5.  (I take it you mean more things to buy with your gold) We are always working towards expanding content for our users.  Designing, art, balancing, and implementation all take time though.

garcia1000

I think the most important things now -

1. Challenge
2. When out of sync, make it possible to re-join the game. Usually you see the out of sync problems when the opponent chat lags for 10 seconds or so, and then comes in a clump.

Nazoric

(garcia1000 @ Nov. 04 2008,00:28)
I think the most important things now -

1. Challenge
2. When out of sync, make it possible to re-join the game. Usually you see the out of sync problems when the opponent chat lags for 10 seconds or so, and then comes in a clump.

1. It's in the works, no worries
2. I don't have any news on this

mongolian

1v1 DRAFT
Draft Mode Works like this: Before your game begins, 10 cards will show up.  Both players choose from the 10 units seen on screen.  After each player chooses 1 card and then that card is removed from the selection. Then, the 2nd player will get to choose from the remaining units.  The same process continues until no units are left.  This will happen 2 times so that both players will be given the chance to go 1st/3rd/5th... and 2nd/4th/6th once each.  

Here is the breakdown of the Drafted cards:
- 2-4x units $50
- 2-4x units $100
- 2x units $150-200
- 2x units $250-350

garcia1000

Being able to withdraw a draw offer would be nice
Alternatively, having a draw offer only last 1 turn

garcia1000

Also, don't make wyrms selectable in random. I mean, which wyrm makes the game more fun? None of them.

garcia1000

I think a unit with knockback ability would be nice. For example, if the knight had a footman-like attack, but it would knock the unit back one square on hit. Like a charge!!

Something like that.

Also a unit that would explode upon dying. Like when it died it would cause 4 damage to surrounding squares or something.  And when it attacked, it would suicide!

mongolian

Ugg..my post didn't post b4.  Anyhow... the goal should be to make premade mirror armies.  Don't limit yourself anyone type of game for these, but I think they all need to be carefully carved.  Ballistas+Catapults with Structures seems like a great idea meanwhile a summoner with almost anything seems like a bad idea.  Last but not least, if Zatikon were to create these mirror armies in a new mode, they can make any point value from $500-1500 to make it unique battles.

Re: feedback of the above setup posted.  As enjoyable as it is with skill, I've already recieved complaints that it is boring.  This kind of shocked me as I thought people would be playing this game to its closeness to chess.  The greater observation I gather from this idea, is that people just don't want to think.   This dilutes the annoyance of losing and reiterates why cooperative is so popular.  Hopefully, just take a grain of sand these comments, but a new mode really should occur in this game.

garcia1000

Suggest!

1.Squares should be labelled e.g. A-K, 0-10. Then you can easily tell where the pieces moved to. Grid labels are nice!

2. Color in a square by clicking on it. For co-op

garcia1000

Also you know what would be fun?

A random mode where you could set the 'max sell cost' of units you'd get.
So you could set it to 25, 35, 55, 85, whatever, and you'd only get units that gave you that much gold when sold, or less.