How long can you go without checking your email?

Started by Tyro, September 25, 2002, 09:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlowe

That is true.

I actually am not that bothered by the slipped release as much as I am bothered by not hearing about it, no email, no nothin.  

I guess the core of my dissapointment is based in my excitement to play the game.  When I get excited about something new, it is dissapointing to have the rug pulled out from under us the last minute...

Matt

Tyro

It is just pitiful - I am checking my email every 3 minutes at the moment.  I hope you guys have more self restraint.
"An engineer is someone who can do for ten shillings what any fool can do for a pound"
-Nevil Shute in "Slide Rule: The Autobiography of an Engineer"

James15

Longest I've gone so far would be 6 hours, but that was because I was at school, so that dosn't count http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':p'>  The real record for me would be about...1 hour...

panther

Yes I agree self restraint is the key.........

(checks mail)

After all a watched kettle never boils.......

(checks mail)

Not to mention you could (checks mail) turn into (checks mail) an obsessive (checks mail) compu (checks mail) lsive.

;-) Bob

-=// He who hesitates - probably isn't sure that there are no broken links \\=-

Danny

I will be annoyed if they decide to tell us on the last minute (again) that they are pushing the release date back a second time. Pushing the date back doesnt bother me its just telling us ON the release date that gets me.

Aeawen

I don't really mind if the title is pushed back again (Tho i wish it wasn't).  I do mind if they push it back as late as they did last time... 11 at night is too late to just inform a group that it will be pushed back.. ;)   ^_^

Tyro

I'm sorry but I disagree. They want to start earning the money asap. If they don't release it - it's because of a #### good reason.
"An engineer is someone who can do for ten shillings what any fool can do for a pound"

mlowe

Right, BUT when they promise to release at a certain time and we pay for it based on that release time, then it is a sign of poor planning, or lack of testing.
Matt

Tyro

That is the standard "management" view.
But I prefer realistic estimates with real risks of overruns. Missing a target is a sign of accurate estimation - as opposed to playing safe to satisfy arbitrary "Customer Service" criteria.