News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

OSX version is very unstable

Started by nemesis_256, August 04, 2004, 04:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemesis_256

I just got Gish and I love it!  I bought the full version about 15 minutes after trying the demo.  But it's very unstable on OSX.  It randomly crashes.  Anyone else experiencing these?

Oh and also, are we allowed to have it on more than one computer or download different versions?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

write support with your order number and ask for your downloads to be reset.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

You are allowed to install Gish on more then one computer or OS and should be able to download the different versions.  Please describe when Gish is crashing.  Also try turning the music off and if that does not help the sound.  What type of video card does your system have?

nemesis_256

ok thanks.

I tried the built-in audio on my G5 and it appears to be fine.  My sound card is a revolution 7.1

nemesis_256

I can't really describe it because it's very random.  But it seems to happen mostly when Gish is moving fast.  I have a dual 2Ghz G5 with radeon 9800 pro.  I also have an ibook but I haven't tried it on that yet.

Also, what are the differences between the 3 difficulty levels?

woody

Quote (nemesis_256 @ Aug. 04 2004,4:24)
I can't really describe it because it's very random.  But it seems to happen mostly when Gish is moving fast.  I have a dual 2Ghz G5 with radeon 9800 pro.

Hi,

If you run the application Console which is in the utility folder of the applications and select the logs button in the toolbar (or select view->Show log list), there is a list of logs. if you open  up ~/Library/Logs and look in there or in CrashReporter, are there any gish.log files?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

We think the crashing is related to the music, try turning the music off in the options and let us know if it crashes again.

nemesis_256

I think you're right, I turned it off and it's stable now

nemesis_256

I tried Gish on my ibook WITH sound and it seems to work fine on there. Weird.

Also you said we're allowed to download and install on more than one machine.  But now when I go to try to download it I get a message saying I downloaded it too often.  Why is this coming up?

Jonathan_NL

That's probably to prevent it from being distributed by you. You should be able to use the dmg you downloaded earlier. If you don't have it anymore you can either drag the Gish folder over or wait a little while to get the dmg.

Difficulty levels: when you run out of lives, you will start ...
Easy: ... in the same level
Medium: ... in the same chapter
Hard: ... at the sewer!

About the music: does it depend on which audio output you select in the System Preferences?
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

nemesis_256

but I also want to download the windows version, which I don't have currently.

I haven't tried other audio devices.  Will do that later.