News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Grid Reference Markers

Started by Rathzil, June 12, 2009, 02:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathzil

I searched briefly through the forums, and this doesn't seem to have been mentioned before.

Has any thought ever been given to adding simple little grid reference markers along the sides of the map?  I'm thinking of a reference system such as the one they use in Chess.  Like A B C... along the top & bottom and 1 2 3... along the sides.  That would make it a lot easier for allies to refer to specific units, and also for general discussion between constructed/random players.

Especially given how turns have a time limit, it could do a lot to help speed up allies conversing in co-op, and especially in team games.

mongolian

Interesting idea.  But seems wierd that one side of the battle gets preference for the A1 grid.   Not that it's at all important, but it would be confusing if the grid was relative to player.  And what happens if the game ever had 4v1 mode and everyone's angle is 90 degrees???  Again, i like the idea, just thinking ahead.

Kran

yeah... priest heal pikeman... ok, not clear when you have 2 priests and 2 pikemans are all are togeter.
Also: Serpent moves to 6, 7. That appear even if the move was missed. Example, shaman's guardian or chieftain's goad. That only does'nt happens when it is the footman's rush. Then it says: Footman misses rush. That also doesn't explain if the movement was cancelled or attack was blocked. Another thing. Example:

Pikeman is stunned.
Warlock is stunned.
Chieftain is stunned.
Heretic is stunned.
Lycantrope is stunned.
Enchanter dazzles.

That look strange for me, enchanter dazzles should come first. And when no units are stunned, the enchanter could miss the dazzle.