minime's units

Started by minime, April 28, 2009, 07:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minime

two brand new units:

knight of the board
actions:2
4/5(1)
once per turn: can jump as the chess knight(in L line)
once per turn: can jump back to its last position(it would be interesting if the last turn would count as well. its range would be 5 then, but you have to spend 2 actions in the last turn as well)

dragon whelp
action:2
3/3(1)
once per turn: move to (2) range
attack(fire breathing): 2 range in line (like the warlock)

Kran

I like back to last position... I think a mage could do that ^^.

Lumen

the knight of the board is too cheap at 50.  I'd guess 100 or 150 for it.  Except, that jumping back would have problems since that last space may be occupied by the time the knight tries to do that.  Some resolution would need to be made in that circumstance.

Kran

Make that like happens when you try transform spirit in castle. You simply cant click.

minime

Quote from: Lumen on June 04, 2009, 05:50:08 PM
the knight of the board is too cheap at 50.  I'd guess 100 or 150 for it.

yeah maybe. i didn't planed this 5 range thing, i just realized it later it is an option. without that i think the 50 would be more realistic. I just wanted to make cheap simple units :P

Quote from: Lumen on June 04, 2009, 05:50:08 PM
Except, that jumping back would have problems since that last space may be occupied by the time the knight tries to do that.  Some resolution would need to be made in that circumstance.

this is just the same problem as you normally can't move to occupied spaces  ;)

Lunaraia

would be more fun if it simply obliderated whatever occupied said square
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

minime

And a not that simple unit  :D

Training camp
cost: 1000 gold 8)
deploy:5
0/5(2)
actions:2

You can deploy it onto your castle (like the gate guard)

It has 1000 gold
pay x gold: Summon any unit. x=the gold cost of the unit. (I'd like to say you don't have to pay the deployment costs, but this could cause problems if there would be units in the future like my Ares, who has a cheap gold cost, but a high deployment cost. so maybe it should just say:the deployment costs are cheaper by 5)

1 action: heal a unit anywhere in 2 range.
1 action: target unit gains +1 power until end of turn anywhere in 2 range.
(maybe these last 2 abilities are unneeded)

mongolian

Summon any unit???  So, your saying you get to choose from every unit at exactly the same cost.  If I'm reading this right, this is insanely rediculously overpowered.  Even if every unit cost 2x the cost it normally does, this would still be overpowerful.  not sure where to go with this idea..

minime

next time i put the idea behind the unit in the unit description...
with training camp, you skip your first turn, but you may choose your army during the game. i think the one less turn is a pretty big price, but i don't want to balance my units perfectly, the important is just the mechanic. it is possible to make it a cheaper unit with limited abilities but i wanted this one to be kinda extreme 8)
here is an other variant:

training camp
cost:400
1 action
deploy: 4
you can place it onto the castle
0/5(2)
It has 350 gold and you can summon any unit from it (you have to pay the deployment cost).

The possibilities are endless. I can even imagine a new game format where both player would have a Training camp (the 1000 gold variant).

one more variant:

slave-trader
cost:150
deploy:3
2/2(0)
2 actions
gold:10
1 action, 1 range: sacrifice a unit(sell): gain of its gold cost (at least 20).
1 action, 1 range: buy(summon) any unit from the gold.
when a unit dies:+20 gold (it sells the bodies too :-[ )

mongolian

2 big things, 1 you are proposing a unit that would drastically change Zatikon.  If not, make Zatikon feel like another game.  2ndly, your revised one is still too powerful.  Who wouldnt be using the trading post.  I don't want to play Zatikon only using the best pieces.  I also would loathe the trading post in random, almost guarenteeing whoever draws one the win.

Kran

Mongolian is right. When allowing people to choose the army in the middle of the game, its one more step and zatikon will be a complex turn-based age of empires.

Lumen

This might be possible if it only allowed 50-point units, or if it only allowed units from a specific category, like "Soldiers"

minime

Quote from: Lumen on June 08, 2009, 02:49:49 PM
This might be possible if it only allowed 50-point units, or if it only allowed units from a specific category, like "Soldiers"

:D at least, you liked the idea. the soldier variant sounds good, it could be called some kind of "recruiter". however it is dangerous if it is a normal unit and not a structure, because it can be a combo with an abjurer or druid  ;)

Lumen

That's a good point, but spending something like 700 points to get a steady stream of one pikeman a turn doesn't seem so great.  Could be a counterpart to the Barracks.  Might be a structure that targets a soldier (from a barracks) and turns it into a pikeman, footman, axeman, or bowman.  With those stipulations, it might be balanced at about 100-150 points, what with the deploy costs of the buildings included, and the loss of time.

mongolian

now, we're talking!  Having it only summon soldiers is a fantastic idea!  I like it also if it summoned $50 units too.  Either way, the units need to be disproportionally priced so it isn't exactly a 1 for 1 ratio for the cost of the structure.