News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Joint boxes are ever in the same direction

Started by Volgorilla, October 14, 2001, 09:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volgorilla

Joint boxes are always in the same direction and angle, this makes on Bow-like bridges ugly stair effects. In real life this junction boxes would in half the angle of the bordering support ( or so ). I think, this would besides more stable for  the bridge...

Simple Mind:

Wrong:         Right:

---|                 --             --
    |                    \    or   /
    |                     |        |

(Edited by Volgorilla at 2:47 pm on Oct. 14, 2001)

JohnK

I think this is a minor trade off for the generally dependable 3d model of the bridges. Still, the better the program can be made...

pasqualz

This is a minor complaint, but it would be nice to have it changed in the next versions.
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

mat-c

Its hard to see what else could be done, besides orthogonal boxes... I think CL wanted single vertical lengths to be free standing, and that meant reinforcing them, and its hard to see a general purpose way of doing this when nodes can connect to multiple links.
Another plan could be to have differently shaped nodes though, such as hex or octagonal ones?  That might shift the tradeoff a little further in the direction of pretty...

How would this work if you had 4 or 5 different girders all connecting at the same point?

How would this work if you had 4 or 5 different girders all connecting at the same point?

Is there an echo in here?

(Edited by Chillum at 2:27 am on Oct. 18, 2001)