News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Documentation?

Started by DarkRyder, October 19, 2002, 02:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkRyder

I'm running through Pfx2, and I've gotten badly stuck on Medium 2 - new materials have been introduced without any kind of explanation.

What the heck do 'Hydraulics' do?  What good are 'Joints'?  Why does my bridge survive Phase 1 just fine, but voluntarily self-destruct in Phase 2?

What's worse is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of documentation for Pfx2 - the in-game help doesn't discuss materials, there's no Readme, no web documentation, no Forum topic, no nothing.

Help!

itsnotme

Thats what experimentation is for :-)

mrinken

Quote: from DarkRyder on 6:30 pm on Oct. 18, 2002
I'm running through Pfx2, and I've gotten badly stuck on Medium 2 - new materials have been introduced without any kind of explanation.

What the heck do 'Hydraulics' do?  What good are 'Joints'?  Why does my bridge survive Phase 1 just fine, but voluntarily self-destruct in Phase 2?

What's worse is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of documentation for Pfx2 - the in-game help doesn't discuss materials, there's no Readme, no web documentation, no Forum topic, no nothing.

Help!

Totally agree.  I've been "experimenting" for the past hour and can't figure things out.  Sorry, I own over 200 computer games, and I'm a pretty quick study, but I agree with DarkRider.  We need some sort of documentation, FAQ, guide, something!  Does anyone out there want to post something to help out.

And phooey to those who will post negatively to this thread.  Go somewhere else.

vibrato

From what i've found out, Hydraulic beams contract when the "drawbridge" phase is hit, lifting the beam(s) attached to it. They then expand, (hopefully) returning the bridge back to it's original shape.

By using the "setjoint" button, you can set which joint is the joint that "seperates"; in essence, it's where the two halves of your bridge meet and the joint where the hydralics should be attached. Without setting the common joint as the "seperator", the hydraulics would try to pull the joint in two seperate directions, thus stressing the joint till failure.

That's what i've found out in the couple hours i've been playing P2. Excuse the unclarity of this, but i've been drinking :P

My solution:

http://members.rogers.com/vibrato/medium3.jpg" border="0">

The beams in yellow are the hydraulic beams, and the joint in yellow is where i clicked and hit "setjoint"

DarkRyder

Quote: from vibrato on 8:51 pm on Oct. 18, 2002
By using the "setjoint" button, you can set which joint is the joint that "seperates"; in essence, it's where the two halves of your bridge meet and the joint where the hydralics should be attached. Without setting the common joint as the "seperator", the hydraulics would try to pull the joint in two seperate directions, thus stressing the joint till failure.

Silly me - I figured that a 'Joint' would be "where it bends" :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>