News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Surrendering in Random Games

Started by mongolian, June 02, 2009, 12:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongolian

So a top player has complained at me for surrendering in a random game to them.  It was clear that with my draw, it would have been impossable to put up a fight, even if my opponent had a bad draw.  So I was called out for cheating with surrendering on turn 1 cause it won't count to rating.  Why do you think the game makers made this ability for both constructed & random?

Then, I was called that surrendering wasn't fair because I go 2nd and I can see what my opponent has to give me an advantage if I want to continue. 
I respond with 2 things, just wait 1 turn to bring out your "i'm gonna kill your army units".  I've also noticed that player 1 can also concede on turn 2 and it won't count towards rating, so there ya go.  Seems pretty fair to me.

In an ideal world, the game should begin with 1 option to restart in case you don't like your army.  The other option brought up is you could keep restarting infinitly, but each restart means -50 pts total off your total 1250 random points.  With either solution, the game would have to revert counting turn 1 surrender's as loses then.  I think this will help the game out alot.  Balancing random armies still seems too tricky, so enabling the option to restart seems more fair.

Kran

I like -50$ per restart. So, both should choose armyes at same time.

Jezebeau

How about: if no units have been deployed, a redraw is free and passes the turn to the other player.  If the other player has deployed units, -50 pts and turn is not passed.

mongolian

I think a lot of this discussion would be circumvented if more random armies were balanced.

Some culprits:
- Remove Armory (or make it very rare)
- Remove Dracolith (or make it very rare)
- Remove Possessed (or make it very rare)
- Armies without any ranged units
- Multiple units of specific types: warriors, artificers, quarter masters, confessors, bezerkers... 

Kran

I cant see whats wrong with bersekers

Lumen

Me neither.  Or confessors, really.

Kran

I see a ploblem with multiple confessors. With 2 confessors the murderers will die more quickly, so, less murderers to attack.

Lumen

haha, I don't think it's a problem with my army when I'm running out of enemy targets.

Jezebeau

Quote from: Kran on June 16, 2009, 04:55:18 PM
I see a ploblem with multiple confessors. With 2 confessors the murderers will die more quickly, so, less murderers to attack.

So walk up and smack people with them. :P

Lunaraia

acualy i once won on the 5TH turn and still didn't get my rank nor my grub for the work :(
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Norsker

Quote from: Lunaraia on September 19, 2009, 01:41:14 PM
acualy i once won on the 5TH turn and still didn't get my rank nor my grub for the work :(

Had you fought the player several times before, in the same session?

Lunaraia

nope, just won really really fast happened 2 times in a row, 3rd time did the charm though, since the player I played against surrendered
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Maaartin

Quote from: Jezebeau on June 03, 2009, 05:30:08 PM
How about: if no units have been deployed, a redraw is free and passes the turn to the other player.  If the other player has deployed units, -50 pts and turn is not passed.
IMHO, a very nice idea.