Double Edged Sword: Trading and larger battles

Started by Wakrob, May 06, 2009, 10:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakrob

While both trading and perhaps having a larger gold value battle one day would be cool.  Both would mean all these units Im selling now I might want back! *grin*

I could see trading letting people getting units to fast or maybe some new players getting a bad deal.  But maybe trades could come with a gold piece 'tax' so trading wasnt done lightly.  Like a fee of 500 gold for both player to make a trade.

Bigger battles maybe would be to congested or unbalanced but maybe they could have 2 Castles per side, each giving 5 actions.  Once one side captures both enemy castles they win.  A captured castle could either be instantly destroyed or maybe have to be held while you go for the other.

Wak

glunkr

I think trading is a low priority. It won't add much to the game since you can already buy and sell. I would rather see the developers come up with an additional game mode or two.

mongolian

Yes trading will eventually come, but low priority.  Still like to see gold used for other purposes as seen here:

http://www.pontifex2.com/smf/index.php/topic,1121.0.html

Chronic Logic - Josiah

The Unit Marketplace (trading, buying and selling units) was planned some time ago.  The trading aspect of it was dropped because of very little player demand and so we can focus on adding other thing.

Wakrob

Im perfectly fine with no trading.  I was mainly just saying all the extra Wizards and Dragons I sell until then are going to stiing later if trades become available.

Wak