To help newer players: Mouse over attack distance on enemy units

Started by Wakrob, May 06, 2009, 06:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakrob

As per the game Heroes of Might & Magic IV, I wonder how reasonable it would be to add a mouse over or click on function that let you see an enemy units range.
Current when you click on your own units it shows where you can attack or move.  Why not add that for enemy pieces.
This might give new players a better idea of whats going on since picking off pieces at range is key to the game.
Of course some tricks would not be as easy to notice (like a sergeant) but at least a basic idea of what the enemy can do would be available.

Wak

minime

great idea! I still keep overlooking the range of the catapults :D

mongolian

i love that idea... darker red to indicate where it can move/attack to and lighter red to show which spots it can attack.

Kran

Very nice idea ^^. I think this would decrease the amount of newcomers that just play sometimes and then leave... this is seen by the ranks. From 250 to 3200. That meanst that aproximately 91% of newbies never played an rated game.

travcm

Quote from: Kran on May 06, 2009, 10:58:10 PM
Very nice idea ^^. I think this would decrease the amount of newcomers that just play sometimes and then leave... this is seen by the ranks. From 250 to 3200. That meanst that aproximately 91% of newbies never played an rated game.

I don't think that there are that many newbies.